freeswan 1.99 in woody

This is a really basic question but I just can't seem to find an answers I think I'm just looking in the wrong direction. any advice would greatly appreciated.

I want to install freeswan_1.99-6_i386.deb(unstable) in my woody system how do I solve the dependency problems? Ive tried download all the dependent files from the debian web site and just installing them with "dpkg -i" but then I go from dependency problems to conflicts. This all seems so complicated I know debian must have a better way.