Re: signature and missing key

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 11:32:14PM +0100, Pigeon wrote:
| With a dialup, it would be rather useful to be able to do this from the MTA
| rather than the MUA.

| Unfortunately /usr/share/doc/exim/spec.txt.gz contains no references
| to either gpg or pgp.  Am I really out of luck for built-in
| solutions?

No, but you are out of luck (AFAIK) for ready-made solutions.

What you can do is instruct exim to pass all messages through a pipe
as it delivers them.  In your system filter put
    unseen pipe "/usr/local/bin/gpg-key-retrieve"
(read the exim manual for setting up a system filter; it really is
quite trivial)

Then create the program "gpg-key-retrieve".  It needs to parse enough
of the message to determine the key's id and then merely run the gpg
command to retrieve it.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own
understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your
paths straight.
        Proverbs 3:5-6