Re: How long should "Updating mozilla chrome registry..." take?

I'm on an Athlon 2600+ 1Gig RAM SCSI drives, so I suppose it would qualify as a decent machine ;) I've let it run for an hour before I Ctrl-C'd it. But now even when I run 'apt-get remove mozilla' or any other apt command for that matter it always goes back to updating the chrome registry. I'm about to wipe the partition and try again if no one can suggest anything better :( I hope this isn't a sign of things to come...
Harold