RAID module fun

Hi all,

I am trying to perform a new Debian installation on a PC with an ASUS A7V8X
mobo, using the onboard Promise 20376 (Fasttrak 133) SATA RAID controller.

This is something that not a lot of people appear to have done, especially
due to the lack of easily installable drivers...  A very nice person at
Promise technical support emailed me the source for a partial open source
driver, which did not appear to be available on their website.

Luckily I had another box around to compile the thing.  I'm now in a place
where I have the ft3xx.o on a floppy boot directory.  The Readme specifies
that scsi_mod.o has to be loaded first, so I built that as well, and stuck
it on the floppy.  Everything I built was against 2.4.18, as I want to
install Debian using the 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel.

When I try to insmod scsi_mod.o at the start of the install, it fails due to
the version conflict (it's the bf24 thing).  So, I tried an insmod -f.  For
some reason, there were loads of unresolved symbols.

Anyone have any ideas?  I don't have the actual error log to hand - I was
hoping that this scenario will ring a bell with someone.  If people need to
see the specific unresolved symbols (of which there looked like about 30), I
can post them.

Antony