Re: How long should "Updating mozilla chrome registry..." take?

Harold Martin wrote:

Hi,
I'm installing Debian from within RedHat as described in the installation docs. The installer seems to have frozen at the "Updating mozilla chrome registry..." step. It's already been a half hour or so at this step. How long should it take?
Thanks,
Harold

On a reasonably fast machine (Pentium class, 300MHz), not more than five or ten minutes. If you're not in a hurry and you're on a slow machine, you might give it another half hour or so, but if you've got a faster machine (PIII, 800MHz), I'd Ctrl-C it and try again. But you might want to wait and see what others suggest; I'm often an idiot and will likely lead you astray.

--
Kent West (westk@acu.edu)