Automatic Cyrus mailboxes creation with Exim

Hello all,
I've been setting up a mail server using totally virtual users stored in LDAP, the email servers are Exim and Cyrus IMAP/POP3. The server user accounts are to be managed by non Linux users and myself using LDAP Explorer/Browser and GQ, it is estimated that there will be at least 300 user accounts to be set up. I've been thinking that instead of manually creating each mailbox, that I could have the system create the mailbox when the first mail was sent to the box.
   Has anyone seen a script or web page that describes how to do this?

TIA

Bill