Re: Apache mod-ssl HOWTOs?

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 05:53:23AM -0700, moseley@hank.org
wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 12:03:04AM -0400, ScruLoose wrote:
> > So I *think* what I need to do is to have two separate
> > invocations of apache running all the time: one listening
> > for http on port 80 and the other listening for https on
> > port, umm... 443 I think it was.
>
> Right.  You will run two Apache servers.  They have separate
> configs (separate /etc/apache* dirs) and separate logs.  The
> don't conflict with each other.

why would it be bad to have apache-perl with libapache-mod-ssl
active? that way if your login area does heavy mod_perl stuff
similar to the public mod_perl stuff, you won't have to maintain
two diverse branches.

there's a drawback, i'm sure, but what is it?

we use HTML::Mason heavily and don't want to have to copy lots
of scripts hither and yon. maybe there can be some "okay now
that they've got an ssl connection, proxy the request back to
the non-ssl browser to do the perl stuff" or some such...?

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0-bunk-1;
Linux server 2.4.20-k6 #1 Mon Jan 13 23:49:14 EST 2003 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #98 from Joost Kooij <joost@topaz.mdcc.cx>
:
Curious about your NETWORK TRAFFIC? There's iptraf, showtraf,
netwatch, tcpview, statnet, and tcpdump, which uses its own
filters from the specification you give it on the command line:
	tcpdump host foo
	tcpdump not port ssh
	tcpdump port 53
	tcpdump arp