Re: C programming: Is there an exec (with no additional letters) call?

Thus spake Shaul Karl:
>   I was told that similar to execl, execlp et al there is also an exec
> call. Yet when I run
>
>     man exec
>
> I only get execl, execlp, execle, execv and execvp. No `pure' exec, one
> without any additional letters. Can I safely tell that person that he is
> definitely confusing the C system calls with shell or another
> interpreted language? If not, what arguments does exec takes, what is
> the return code and where is it documented?

As far as I know, 'exec' is a shell command, execl,  execv,  execle,
execlp and execvp are the C functions.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

I am mortified to be told that, in the United States of America, the
sale of a book can become a subject of inquiry, and of criminal inquiry
too. - Thomas Jefferson