Re: Where to keep .gnupg?

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 02:09:46PM -0500, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> At 2003-06-16T17:12:12Z, Nathan Malmberg <nathan.malmberg@colorado.edu> writes:
>
> > With as many problems as I have had, I have been trying to brainstorm
> > alternatives.  One thought I had was to write the files to which I need
> > only read access to removeable media, and keep the rest in my home
> > directory.  Does anyone have any thoughts in this regard?  Thanks, Nate
>
> Get one of those USB keychain drives.  Office Max sells 64MB units for about
> $20 after rebate.  No moving parts to break or wear out.

That's my plan as soon as I can afford to spend $20 on anything, which
will probably be after I graduate.  In the meantime, I'm forced to work
with what I have.

> > btw, if anyone knows why my zip drive (USB-powered Zip250) is destroying
> > my zip disks, I'd like to know, also.
>
> Google "click of death".  Even if that's not your problem, you can see that
> Iomega isn't widely reputed for their reliable hardware.

So I've heard.  It appears that my drive was on its last legs.  It's not
dead, more like undead, killing every disk it touches.

Nate
--
     "Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but the
      LORD delivereth him out of them all."

Nathan J. Malmberg <nathan.malmberg@colorado.edu>  GNUPG ID: 8A9B426E
The attachment is a digital signature.  Get my key at wwwkeys.pgp.net.