network / networking scripts + firewall script

 Hi,

 1) My old P75 has a /etc/init.d/network script, which dates back to the
first installation (slink). If I remember correctly, this script is
obsolete (not found on a fresh woody). I used it a long time ago to
connect to cable, before I had a router, I have no idea what the original
content was.
 Can I get rid of it now ? Is /etc/init.d/networking enough ? (Both
scripts are called in /etc/init.d/rcX.d/) What else must I check ?

 2) Where would you put a hand-made firewall script ? Is there a 'default'
location ?

 Thanks for answers and advices.

--
Christophe Courtois - Ostwald, Alsace, France
http://www.courtois.cc/ - Clé PGP : 0F33E837