Re: can't login with other user then root

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 02:20:07 +0200, george roman wrote:

>    hello i have one problem with debian

Who hasn't?

> can't login with other user then root.
> i can create users and they exist in /home and in
> /etc/passwd (but their directory in /home contains no
> files it is empty).

Empty homedirs are not a problem.

> i can use command "su username" and it works but i
> can't login with their name.

Did you set a password for your users? If not, set an initial password
with the "passwd" command (as root). Enter passwd username, and it will
ask you to enter one.

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!