Re: Multiple consoles without network

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 16:58, Terje Fåberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to use several logical terminals
> (=tupels of monitor, keyboard and mouse) directly
> connected to _one_ system? I mean there is no problem
> to connect two keyboards, two mice and two graphic
> cards/monitors...
>
> But is there a possibility to group these to allow two
> users work simultanously on the same machine without
> having to go via serial console or network?
>
> I just can't imagine that no one has thougt about this
> before...
>
> Regards,
> Terje

> Få den nye Yahoo! Messenger på http://no.messenger.yahoo.com/
> Nye ikoner og bakgrunner, webkamera med superkvalitet og dobbelt så morsom

Just a guess, but I don't personally see what's holding you back - past
physical connections. ie, with properly supported usb keyboard+mouse
(because you can connect many usb devices, I haven't run across any
machines with more than a standard pair of ps2 sockets), plus multiple
video cards - I can't see why you couldn't have more than one completely
independant X session running.

2 cents / random comments

 Shaun