Re: Multiple consoles without network

Shaun ONeil <shaun@dog-berry.com> skrev:

> Just a guess, but I don't personally see what's
> holding you back - past physical connections.
> ie, with properly supported usb keyboard+mouse
> (because you can connect many usb devices, I
> haven't run across any machines with more than
> a standard pair of ps2 sockets), plus multiple
> video cards - I can't see why you couldn't have
> more than one completely independant X
> session running.

If it only was so simple...
I can surely make one X server use my ps2 keyboard and
mouse and my on-board graphics card. Then I can make
another X server use a USB keyboard and mouse and
display on an additional pci card. No problem so far.
But then I can use CTRL-ALT-F(6/7) to switch between
these two. It _is_ simple so far. And it is useless so
far.

But I could not figure out how to (and if it is
possible at all) to use these two X servers in
parallel.

Regards,
Terje

Få den nye Yahoo! Messenger på http://no.messenger.yahoo.com/
Nye ikoner og bakgrunner, webkamera med superkvalitet og dobbelt så morsom