Re: Shell script or Perl?

On Friday 13 June 2003 01:01, John Hasler wrote:
> Aryan Ameri writes:
> > BTW, now that we are here, I wonder about the portability of awk.
> > Is awk available on all major Unices?
>
> AFAIK POSIX requires it.

I'm really not an expert in Unix, and it's standards, but IIRC Windows
NT also passed the POSIX tests, and became POSIX compliant. And AFAIK
NT doesn't have awk or anything equivalent ot it. Or am I missing
something here?

Cheers

--
/* You can always count on Americans to do the
right thing; - after they've tried everything else.