Re: OT mozilla filter to keep my debian mail list organized

* Aryan Ameri (a.ameri@linuxiran.org) [030612 05:24]:
> On Thursday 12 June 2003 02:22, Jeff Ali wrote:
> > I didn't realize I was joining such a cool and active list so now I
> > must find a way to keep the emails organized.
> >
> > Can someone tell me how to set up a simple filter in mozilla so that
> > all the mail I receive from debian-users list gets put in a folder.
> > I was going to set up the filter based on from or subject but i don't
> > see anything to base it on.  Any ideas?
>
> Haven't used Mozilla. But in KMail, I setup a filter based on TO, and it
> pretty much filters 99.99% of the mails, and puts them into a specific
> folder.
>
> You should setup your email program, to filter mails, which are
> addressed to the followings:
>
> debian-user@lists.debian.org
> debian-user-digest@lists.debian.org
> debian-user-digest@list.debian.org
> debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net

Heh!  Filtering on TO the list address and _my_ address gets 99.99% of
this list traffic?  Maybe this is a sign I should take a break for a
little while!

Really, like others have said, you should be using the X-Mailing-List
header to sort debian lists.

good times,
Vineet
--