Question about command-line aptitude 0.2.11.1

Hi,

This is on a mixed sarge/sid system.

~# aptitude install base-config
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree
Reading extended state information... Done
The following packages are unused and will be REMOVED:
  bluefish gaim gedit gnome-spell libgtkspell0 logjam pan
[snip]
  base-config
1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 7 to remove and 43 not upgraded.
Need to get 126kB of archives. After unpacking 12.6MB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/e/d/v/action/?] n
Abort.

Why does aptitude want to remove those packages?  For example,
pan (which I installed from sid) is installed correctly.

# dpkg -l |grep ' pan '
ii  pan   0.14.0-3 A Newsreader based on GTK2, which looks like

TIA,
Ron
| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| Regarding war zones: "There's nothing sacrosanct about a  |
| hotel with a bunch of journalists in it."                 |
|     Marine Lt. Gen. Bernard E. Trainor (Retired)          |