Re: [OT] Printer recommendations

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Allan Wind wrote:

> It surprised me that you still need to run a driver in the form of a ppd
> to get things going perfectly (otherwise jobs would terminate abnormally
> elsewise, never had that problem with the Texas Instrument aka Sharp
> PostScript printer that I had before).

Surprising - that's not been my experience. I have two 1200SE's (one at
home, one at work) and I just use the psonly-1200 filter from magicfilter.
No ppd, nothing special - it Just Works.  My wife's jobs (Win 98 and Win
XP) generate a blank page after each job, though.

ap

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu