Re: compiling kernel and nvidia drivers in 1 go

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:50:10 +0200, Benedict Verheyen wrote:

> previously when i made my own kernel, i first made the kernel, then
> followed the instructions in the nvidia package docs to make the modules
> and related debs. Is it possible to do this in 1 go? I mean compiling the
> kernel and the nvidia drivers at the same time?

Why not? Untar nvidia-kernel-src and kernel-source, cd into the kernel
source tree and run

make-kpkg --append-to-version bene --config oldconfig kernel_image
modules_image

Replace oldconfig by xconfig if you have to change anything.

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!