Re: compiling kernel and nvidia drivers in 1 go

Benedict Verheyen verraste ons met de boodschap:

> previously when i made my own kernel, i first made the kernel, then
> followed the instructions in the nvidia package docs to make the modules
> and related debs. Is it possible to do this in 1 go? I mean compiling
> the kernel and the nvidia drivers at the same time?
(you may want to wrap your lines at 72 characters)

I compile my kernels like this:

$ cd /usr/src
$ rm -rf modules
$ tar xzf nvidia-kernel-src.tar.gz
(unpack other kernel modules here)

clean: $ rm -rf kernel-source-2.4.20
       $ tar xjf kernel-source-2.4.20.tar.bz2
       $ ln -sf kernel-source-2.4.20 linux
       $ cd linux
       $ cp /boot/config-2.4.20 .config

or:    $ cd linux
       $ fakeroot make-kpkg clean

$ fakeroot make-kpkg --revision bene.0.7 --config xconfig kernel_image modules_image
(use --append-to-version to make another flavour, that can coexist with
your current kernel-image-2.4.20)
(I also use --added-patches for a custom 1400x1050 progress patch)

$ cd ..
$ sudo dpkg -i *bene.0.7*deb

greetz,

--