framebuffer

Hi!

I have installed a matrox g200 video card. I compiled the kernel with fb devices etc.. etc.. With the fbset program program I can setup my resolutions, and refresh rates fine, but what is in the fb.modes file, is not enough for me. I wish to add some other res, and refresh modes, but I don't know how to figure out these values:

mode "1024x768-100"
    # D: 110.0 MHz, H: 79.023 kHz, V: 99.78 Hz
    geometry 1024 768 1024 768 8
    timings 9091 280 0 16 0 88 8
endmode

I want to add a 1024x768-85 but, don't know how to reckon geometry and timings values.
If somebody can, please let me know how.

The other question is, how to set up at boot time, that _all_ of my consoles get the appropriate fb values. Switching to every console, and typing 'fbset 1024x768-75' is boring :).

Thanks!

Daniel Levai

--
LeVA