Re: bind for beginners

    >> Will this enable me to give static addresses to my network
    >> machines?

    JH> It is irrelevant to that.  You could give your machines static
    JH> addresses right now.

OK - I have been off to have a read of this and I find that their are
various files to edit, all of which seem to be in a Red Hat style
"/etc/" directory tree, so I am finding this a little harder than I
thought. I now have one or two more questions though;

        1: How do I convert a debian machine from dhcp to static ip
        address

        2: Can a network exist with some machines dictation their IP
        address and other (windows) machines getting their addresses
        from a dhcp server, and all of them play together nicely

I am thinking that the "server" type machines should have fixed ip
addresses. Clearly I am pretty inexperienced at this, so if I appear
to be heading for an obvious fall, could someone point out the error
of my thinking

Keith
--
  Keith O'Connell.                   -o)