Re: Good Open Source Web Development software

 --- Matthew Weier O'Phinney <matthew@weierophinney.net> escribió: > -- Kevin
Griffis <kgriffis@mcnallybusinesssolutions.com> wrote
> (on Monday, 09 June 2003, 02:03 PM -0400):
> > I would like to eventually do all my web development on my Linux laptop and
> > ditch FrontPage altogether.  I am planning to build a site on a LAMP
> machine
> > and was wondering what Open Source web design tools are out there for
> > Debian.  Does anyone have any recommendations?
>
> There's a ton. They're called editors.
>
> No, really. There aren't any real WYSIWYG-style web development tools
> for linux, not free, anyways. (Quanta Gold, from TheKompany, is a
> commercial product; I haven't used it, though, so I can't comment on
> it.)
>
> As for which editors you might want to use... For a GUI editor, there's
> BlueFish (gtk+ application) and quanta (KDE application; this is *not*
> quanta gold), and the mozilla composer. For GUI text editors (general
> purpose, not just web), kate (KDE advanced text editor), nedit (a
> motif-based editor), and others are available. For more traditional
> commandline editors, you might want to check out vim and/or emacs. vi
> and/or vim is often the only thing around when you telnet or ssh to
> another server, so it's not bad to learn at least basic vi commands. And
> if you run 'apt-cache search editor', you're bound to come up with
> dozens.
>
> Choose the one that fits your needs.
>
> I use vim... ;-)

Don't forget amaya (I believe it is written by the W3C) as a GUI tool.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Sorteos  -  http://loteria.yahoo.es
Juega a la Lotería Primitiva sin salir de casa