Re: Ad-hoc 802.11b internet access

Thanks again.

Other than this item, I've reached the point where all the capabilities
and packages I was investigating are working in Debian, so it's time to
re-install and take notes so I can reproduce this without problems
later.

I'm supporting my Dad as well, and such notes will be very valuable to
leave with him, as well as providing me a road map.

My system is using (apparently) iptables, and that doesn't like the
parameters you provided in your earlier example.  I've also done
something such that "ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (the PDA) doesn't work
anymore (ping says "ping: sendto: Operation not permitted").  It was
working yesterday - I'm sure of it!

So, I'll zero out the installation, and try to avoid some mistakes I
made along the way, leaving me with a (more) known and (hopefully)
better understood baseline to work against.  (I'm just switching us over
to Debian.)

I'll probably have more questions in a couple of days.  Thanks for your
help so far.

Cheers,
Bret

--