Automatic installation

Hi group,

I want to install some servers which will be running as simple home
servers: ADSL or cable connection, shorewall, ssh, exim, procmail,
spamassassin, clamav, uw-imapd, etc. The basic home server stuff.

I want to do this by using automatic installation tools like autoinstall
or fai.

These machines are not exactly clones. Some people have spare Pentiums
III 800Mhz with 128 MB ram, others have not. So, I might be forced to
work with an 486 with 16 Mb of ram and a 500 Mb hard drive. The list of
packages to be installed will vary accordingly.

Can anyone comment on the tools available and which might be
particularly suited for the job. For example, is fai the best choice
because you can easily define classes and so configure the packages for
a particular server, or is it overkill?

Your thoughts, please...

TIA,

David