Re: Compiling kernel

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 22:22:26 -0400, Dan Jones wrote:
>>>I'm told that gcc 3.2 will compile the original source without
>>>modification.  I may try downgrading my compiler and seeing if
>>>that works.
>>gcc 3.2 instead of 3.3 indeed works fine; my kernel compiled just
>>finished fine with gcc 3.2. Changing anything in the source is a
>>little bit out off my league, so I guess I just stick with gcc 3.2
>>for now. Moreover, time is up for today...
>Have you tried booting it yet?  Would be interested in knowing if it
> boots and runs correctly.

gcc 3.2 allows an error-free compile on my system too.  However, my
system automatically reboots as soon as the kernel is decompressed.
This is the same behavior I got when I modified the source to allow
it to compile under gcc 3.3.

When booting, I get "uncompressing kernel....OK" then black screen
for half a second and then the bios bootup screen.

Dan