Re: lilo broken after upggrade
I have compiled a new custom 2.4.18 kernel using the great instructions
I am having problems with lilo, mbr, booting without using a floppy.
I have no other OS installed. I understand lilo is a good thing, so I
can change from kernel new to kernel old.
The new kernel does work as I made a boot floppy from it and use it to
Right now I get:
then if I press "a" then the prompt changes to
So something is wrong. My /boot/ has a wastland of files from various
kernels I tried to get working. Four, count them 4, kernels.
My /boot is on /dev/hda5 ext3
hda1 (ext2 with 100 MB free) hda2 <hda 5 6 7 8 9> hda3(swp) hda4(tmp)
My lilo.conf looks something like this without any typo's:
I hope that I have included just enough information.