Re: Evolution UI fonts in Gnome 2 on Woody

On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 00:27, Bret Comstock Waldow wrote:
> I am running Woody, with the evilgeniuses backport for Gnome 2.
> Evolution has been upgraded to 1.2.4.
>
> The fonts in most of Gnome 2 are nicely anti-aliased, and I can select
> TrueType fonts to use.
>
> The Evolution list of mail messages, in fact the entire UI, has an ugly
> font, and when I try to use "Tools - Settings - Font Preferences" to
> change it, I don't see the TrueType fonts, and the changes I make don't
> show up in the UI for Evolution, although they appear to affect the
> message text (like now while I'm editing it, for instance).  The UI is
> definitely not anti-aliased.
>
> How do I affect the UI font for Evolution?  How can I get the fonts
> available for the rest of Gnome 2 available for Evolution?  My TrueType
> fonts don't show in the list of fonts for Evolution, although they are
> in the fonts available for Gnome 2.
>
> I upgraded an existing Gnome 1.4 Woody install to get this Gnome 2
> install (removing all my KDE in the process, but that's another gripe
> for another time).  Is it a legacy Gnome 1.4 setting that's lurking
> somewhere?
>
> Thanks for any clues.
>
> Cheers,
> Bret
> --
> Bret Comstock Waldow <bwaldow@alum.mit.edu>

Simple consideration: Evolution 1.2 series is not Gnome 2, it is still
Gnome 1.4, so the Gnome 2 font tools don't affect it. There is a Gnome 2
edition in Experimental (version 1.3.92 currently,) but it is called
Experimental for a reason.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org