Re: cupsys works, lpr does not

Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
<snip>
E: This installation run will require temporarily removing the essential
package libpam-modules due to a Conflicts/Pre-Depends loop. This is often
bad, but if you really want to do it, activate the APT::Force-LoopBreak
option.
E: Internal Error, Could not early remove libpam-modules

So....I guess I need to "active the APT::Force-LoopBreak"? Or something? I
tried apt-get remove libpam-modules but aborted that pretty quickly when I
saw what it was going to remove.
<snip>
Heheh, I had the same feeling when I tried to remove libpam-modules manually!

However I did get it to work by adding a line in my /etc/apt/apt.conf

******/etc/apt/apt.conf****contains 2 lines as shown******************
Acquire::http::Proxy "http://getyourownproxy.dontusemine";*** already there previously
APT::Force-LoopBreak "true";******this line is what I added

I found this out from a brief look at $man apt.conf and by following the advice in the error from apt. It may not be the best thing, but it worked for me. I also removed the "Loopbreak" after I was done since I didn't want to leave options turned on which I don;t know about and which are not turned on by default.

I am also sure someone else more knowledgeable on this list will explain why this happened and other interesting details about this. I just found out how to fix it :)

HTH,
--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Electrical Engineering Sysop