Re: ALSA/SBLive problem

http://opensource.creative.com/ and ftp://opensource.creative.com/pub/doc/live_faq.html#CardsSupported *should* provide you with some help.

Peace,
DAVE

Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 05:14, Paul Johnson wrote:

While there isn't a massive difference between the two from a user's
perspective (at least this user's perspective,) once you add in a second
card that touches on audio (in my case, a Hauppage WinTV card,) ALSA
handles the situation far better than OSS. ALSA also opens up access
through mixers to more controls on the SBLive! and handles
"quadronphonic" sound better if you toss spare speakers on Line Out.
ALSA might not be ready for everyone yet, compared to the better OSS
drivers, but there are areas where it is the better choice.

All that said, what other parts of the thread seem to indicate (or are
all the threads blurring together now?) that this was a *not exactly*
SBLive!, which is not necessarily going to be perfectly supported.