Re: ALSA/SBLive problem

Getting into this thread late, but the soundcard on the newer Dells
isn't one supprted by either the OSS or the ALSA emu10k1 drivers.  It's
actually a slightly different chipset.  There's a driver available
(neither free nor Free) from www.opensound.com.  A co-worker purchased
that driver, but hasn't been very satisfied with the quality of sound
from it.  You might want to poke around a bit more, looking for comments
on it, before spending the money.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

"The name is *Jeffrey*, I happen to be *in* a helicopter." -Crow (as
Helicopter Pilot). #517