Re: Debian x Redhat

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 11:02:30 -0400
"Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca> wrote:

>     I was using Debian on all my boxes up until a couple of weeks ago,
> when upgrading X in testing fried my X configuration and I had to start
> over. I guess it needed more testing. :) I'm going to play with a few
> other distros for a while, and then probably come back to Debian. That
> was a surprise though. Unstable has bitten me, but never testing.

This release cycle is very different from the last one, because of the big
changes in glibc and gcc.

I used Woody for a year before it was released and was never bitten. With
Sarge I've needed to be careful about what I update and when.

I expect the next release cycle will be more like the last one than like
this one.

Kevin