Re: D-Link DFE-530TX under 2.4.16-686

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 17:30:12 -0400
ScruLoose <scruloose+debuser@eastlink.ca> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Wanting to replace my prehistoric 10base-T card with something that can
> do 100, I bought myself a D-Link DFE-530TX and stuffed it into a free
> PCI slot. So I Googled for drivers and I keep being told that the card
> *is* supported, and uses the via-rhine drivers/module.  But modprobe
> via-rhine fails.

Just out of curiosity, are you using discover?  I have a DFE-530TX+.
It has a different chipset, I know -- the rtl8139 set instead of the
Via-Rhine chipset -- but during boot, discover IDs it with no problem,
loads the correct module, passes along the correct i/o addy and irq,
etc.  If you're not using discover, you may wanna give it a try.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)