Re: About to format the hard drive for the 3rd Debian installation-helpppp

Thanks, I have to give it a try

Jamin W. Collins wrote:

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 10:39:06PM -0400, Hamid wrote:
Jamin W. Collins wrote:
On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 07:03:08PM -0400, Hamid wrote:

I removed and re-installed KDE3.1 with libqt-mt 3.1 but no
difference.
Did you completely remove the 3.2beta1 installation?
Am I supposed to remove all files and links manually, 'cos Qt does not
have any make unintsall or make remove ?

If necessary, yes.  Such are the joys of, IMHO, incomplete makefiles
(since they don't provide for an uninstall) and the risks of beta
software.  If you haven't done this, then it is likely that the 3.2beta1
files are still in your library paths and are conflicting with your
stable libraries.  Thus, your removal and reinstallation of the other
software was useless.