Dlink DFE 690 TXD vs. Netgear FA511

Hallo,
I'm currently thinking about a replacement for my defective 3com Officeconnect
PCMCIA Network Adapter.
I've found two cards available at local stores not using a media converter,
the netgear FA511 and the dlink dfe 690 txd.
As the XJack connector on the 3com card was a disappointment, I would like to
hear some oppinion from someone actually using one of those cards (with
linux?).
Thanks for Your help,
Jonathan

PS.: For those interested in xjack, it is some form of rj45 socket, where the
plug has to be inserted vertically. Therefore it has to deal with some
mechanical stress. Unfortunately (at least at my card) the connector seems
not to be made strong enough. It is no longer working reliable, losing
connection whenever the network cable is even touched