Re: Dlink DFE 690 TXD vs. Netgear FA511

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 22:28, Jonathan Schmitt wrote:
> Hallo,
> I'm currently thinking about a replacement for my defective 3com Officeconnect
> PCMCIA Network Adapter.
> I've found two cards available at local stores not using a media converter,
> the netgear FA511 and the dlink dfe 690 txd.

I'm currently using the FA511 on my old, but semi trusty Compaq Presario
laptop, and this pcmcia card has given me no problems at all, and pretty
evenly priced as well, it works out of the box, (they do ship Linux
drivers AFAIK), but I have a nasty habit of putting the cd's that come
with hardware in the bin :(

yenta_socket is the name of the kernel-level PCMCIA driver it uses.

Hope this helps

Mark