From: Nathan Poznick [mailto:poznick@conwaycorp.net]
Sent: Monday, 2 June 2003 3:11 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: debian switching monitor off ?

Thus spake gaumer:
> > I have a Debian box which basically just runs syslog.
> > Every 10 mins or so, after no keyboard activity, Debian blanks the monitor out...
> xset -dpms
> xset dpms 0 0 0
> xset s off

That works for X, but if the machine is just running in console (which
seems to be the case), there will need to be some setterm usage:

setterm -blank 0

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

The whole art of politics consists in directing rationally the
irrationalities of men. - Reinhold Niebuhr