Re: kernel compile trouble after upgrade

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 08:56:47PM +0200, Gavrila wrote:
> Il dom, 2003-06-01 alle 20:04, roverr ha scritto:
> > I see someone has already filed bug 195682 against gcc-3.3.
>
> Dunno if it's a gcc problem. I mean if gcc put on another parsing
> standard, it could be old kernel code not being in 'standard' format no
> more.

FWIW the line in question:

	__u8 short slot_tablelen;

looks to me like it might be a coding error. A __u8 is an 8-bit
value, a short is 16 bits. The result of these conflicting demands
is that gcc-2.95 makes it a 16-bit value, and gcc-3.3 barfs.

The possible consequences are reduced by the fact that this
line is the only occurrence of slot_tablelen in the entire kernel
source...

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons