Re: Trouble with Mozilla Java plugin

What exactly is the problem? Which version of java are you using? which
Debian release are you running and which version of mozilla are you
using?

The following worked for me:

* untar the sdk (the jre should work also). With Sun sdk1.4.1 it "just
  works". With 1.3 (I think) it may or may not work depending on the
  version of libc or the compiler (can't remember which) but the
  blackdown jre works.

* sym-link $jre_path/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so to
  /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. Do not copy libjavaplugin_oji.so to the
  mozilla plugin directory or it will not work.

Not that I don't use debs for any java stuff.

rgh

--
"It is possible to make things of great complexity out of things
 that are very simple. There is no conservation of simplicity"

Richard Heycock <rgh@roughage.com.au>
key fingerprint : 909D CBFA C669 AC2F A937  AFA4 661B 9D21 EAAB 4291