Re: horse at the gate

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 17:45, Mike Maki wrote:
> [...]

No need to apologize for liking text!

You might, though, want to get X Windows running soon, since xterms
allow for variable sized "screens" (as opposed to only 80x25), which
makes things pretty flexible.

Also, you may want to look at Twin running with the frame buffer.
  $ apt-cache search twin|sort
  libtw - a Text mode WINdow environment - required library
  libtw-dev - a Text mode WINdow environment library, development
  twin - a Text mode WINdow environment.
  twutils - Utilities for twin

Something like DESQview, if you remember that.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| Regarding war zones: "There's nothing sacrosanct about a  |
| hotel with a bunch of journalists in it."                 |
|     Marine Lt. Gen. Bernard E. Trainor (Retired)          |