Re: Mozilla Mail apparently not wrapping lines at 72 characters

Travis Crump wrote:

Barney Wrightson wrote:
I am still not sure if I like it or not, but don't worry about your text not being wrapped in other peoples MUAs, I am pretty sure it is.

HTH,
Barney

You can turn it off by setting the preference "mailnews.display.disable_format_flowed_support" to true. Either go to about:config if you are using >=1.3 or else just add:
user_pref("mailnews.display.disable_format_flowed_support", true);
to either user.js in your ~/.mozilla/<profile>/<random>.slt/user.js or /etc/mozilla/pref.js and restart moz[you don't have to restart if you edit it in about:config].
Hey this is even better. I have turned it off now, I expect it will work on restart of mozilla. Either way, thank you Travis Crump for the extra info, It helps a lot. This feature is sort of irritating (my own opinion). Do you think that it should be an actual "visible" option in the Mozilla Preferences next to the check box instead of being in the about:config only. Although I really like that you can change it fairly easy in about:config. Being in Mozilla preferences will make it more easier in that others will not have to ask where this feature is to be enabled...

Thanks all for the great help (and free :)

--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
BYU Electrical Engineering Sysop