Re: Mozilla Mail apparently not wrapping lines at 72 characters

Barney Wrightson wrote:

I am still not sure if I like it or not, but don't worry about your text not being wrapped in other peoples MUAs, I am pretty sure it is.

HTH,
Barney

You can turn it off by setting the preference "mailnews.display.disable_format_flowed_support" to true. Either go to about:config if you are using >=1.3 or else just add:
user_pref("mailnews.display.disable_format_flowed_support", true);
to either user.js in your ~/.mozilla/<profile>/<random>.slt/user.js or /etc/mozilla/pref.js and restart moz[you don't have to restart if you edit it in about:config].