Re: How to make DNS and DHCP server play nice?

Stephen A. Witt writes:
 > On Tue, 27 May 2003, Jerry Quinn wrote:
 >
 > > Hi, all.  I have a debian box serving as my firewall/router/dhcp
 > > server.  The dhcp does the job fine, except for dns.
 > >
 > > I'd like to have dns lookups work correctly for my internal network.
 > > So is there a simple means of having my dhcp clients being able to
 > > have their names resolve to IP's easily (no or minimal config)?
 >
 > It sounds like you are talking about a small network behind a firewall
 > that is also doing NAT. A very easy way of doing this is to use the
 > dnsmasq package. This is really easy to set up. It is purpose-built for a
 > small network where bind would be WAY overkill. I think it is really cool.
 > It was very easy to setup.

Excellent pointer!  Except for the fact that it doesn't seem to work.
I had to manually configure it to read the dhcp lease file (which I
think should happen by default), but even afterwards it fails to
resolve other machine on my network.

I think this is the Right Approach (tm).  Do you have any ideas what
might be broken for me?

Thanks,
Jerry