Re: Multiple kernel-header packages?

> If you want to compile your own kernel, I'd recommend purging the
> kernel-headers packages, and apt-getting kernel-source-2.4.20. If you get
> the package from unstable (-7) it will have the latest security patches and
> Debian patches.
I already have built the kernel. My problem is that I can't compile
modules that I can insmod into that kernel, because the package
kernel-headers-2.4.20 isn't available anymore and the packages
kernel-headers-2.4.20-[13] are incompatible to the kernel-source.

I've got no problems with compiling the kernel and its modules, I've
done that for years... but there seem to be no matching packages
in unstable that allow for
- compiling one's own kernel manually and
- compiling additional modules matching the kernel version, for which
I'd need the correct header package

Jan C. Nordholz