Re: Problem Booting After Install

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kent West" <westk@acu.edu>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: Problem Booting After Install

[snip]
> >Ok, although I have no idea how I would go about changing this since the
> >install program doesn't appear to give me the option to use a different
boot
> >loader.  Is there a windows program that would install the boot loader?
> >

> Let's leave the issue of LILO/grub alone for now, and stick with LILO.
>
> If you use the boot floppy and go into the selection process, try
> pressing Alt-F2 and see if you get to a login prompt. If so, login, and
> give us the results of:
>
> df -h

FileSystem     Size     Used     Avail    Use%     on
/dev/hdb1      14G      73M      13G      1%

> Also, at this point, you should be able to run "nano /etc/lilo.conf" to
> edit the lilo.conf file.

I was able to view the contents of lilo.conf.  Here are the contents (minus
the comments).

lba32
boot=/dev/hdb1
root=/dev/hdb1
install=/boot/boot-menu.b
map=/boot/map
delay=20
vga=normal
default=Linux
image=/vmlinuz
       label=Linux
       read-only
image=/vmlinuz.old
       label=LinuxOLD
       read-only
       optional

Any thoughts on how to get this to work?

Thanks,
Scott MacMaster