Re: man, oh man

Mike M wrote:
I've installed some minimal stable configurations lately (answered no to tasksel and dselect during installation of bf24). When I run "man" on the minimal system, it's like the output is piped to "more". In a workstation installation machine, running man results in a environment similar to running "vi -R". The same version of man is being run on both systems. I skimmed this (http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Man-Page/index.html) and found no explanation for the different behaviour.

I could use some help in understanding how the different man behaviors exist.

Thanks,