Re: initrd and lilo.conf

New problem:

When I proceeded with the

dpkg -i kernel-image-2.4.18-custom.1.0_i386.deb
after deciding that initrd.img was ok to put in lilo.conf I get an error:
-----
Setting up kernel-image-2.4.18 (custom.1.0) ...
Failed to create initrd image.
dpkg: error processing kernel-image-2.4.18 (--install):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
kernel-image-2.4.18
-----
Any ideas why this is happening?

Brian