Re: apt-get bandwith limiting

I've found what i needed thanks for pointer. Unofficial debian package can be found at http://liyang.ucam.org/debian/dists/woody/main/binary-i386/net/

Thanks!

On 2003.05.27 12:06 Thomas Elsen wrote:
Hi, I use an utility called netbrake. I don't think it exists in woody
so I had to compile it myself.

Some people told me it's better to make a .deb-package after compiling
the source and then install the .deb-package. Is that true and what's
the simplest way to do that?

Thomas

Tomas Volka wrote:

i'm trying to figure out if it is possible to limit apt-get's download speed. I would rather not implement QoS or similiar bandwith managment tool on router for this simple task. I've browsed through the manuals, but i didn't found answers to my question. Any pointers ?