Re: Can apt-get install or remove openoffice Solved

Mark Roach wrote:
On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 02:20, Kevin Mark wrote:

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 22:16, J F wrote:

Thanks in advance,
I can't remove  it or install it, see 2 command below:

root@a1700xp:/etc/apt# apt-get remove openoffice.org

[snip]

If apt says it 'is not going to be installed, it may mean that your
setup may not configured to get the version it needs.
eg. if your setup is for 'stable' and it needs a package from 'testing'
or 'unstable', this could happen. Sometimes I say 'apt-get install
pkg/unstable' to fix this. But you have to decide if you want unstable
pacakges.

root@a1700xp:/etc/apt# apt-get -f install

[snip]

trying to overwrite `/usr/share/icons/locolor/16x16/apps/001_star_butterfly.xpm', which is also in package openoffice-de-en
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)

try running "dpkg --purge openoffice-de-en" and then run "apt-get -f
install" again

-Mark

I just wanted to blow it out and
reintall it so the "dpkg --purge openoffice-de-en"
worked.  I did't try the 'apt-get install pkg/unstable'.

This all started when, I installed knoppix which had default testing
and edited /etc/apt/apt.conf to stable.
I had heard only stable gets security patches,
but I like the fact that more hardware is autodetected
in knoppix.  This might have caused the errors I was seeing.
Thanks guys.

root@a1700xp:/etc/apt# vi apt.conf
root@a1700xp:/etc/apt# more !*
more apt.conf