Re: 2.4.20 kernel for woody (Was: Broadcom 5700 NIC on debian stable...)

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 10:43:58AM +0200, Steinar Bang wrote:

> >> the tg3 driver is also available in the 2.4.20-vanilla kernel. I am
> >> using it on a Dell Server with a bc5700-card.
>
> > Thanx for the info.  I'll try installing the 2.4.20 kernel currently
> > in testing.
>

> It depends on initrd-tools and modutils from testing, which has
> dependencies that eventually leads to needing a libc6 upgrade.
>
> And if I do that I no longer have a stable system.
>
> Does anyone know of a 2.4.20 kernel packaged for woody?

You should be able to install the kernel-source package and compile it
with the kernel-package (see /usr/share/doc/kernel-package/README.gz)
which leaves you with a debian package of a kernel-image which you can
install.

Regards.
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and
      him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."
                                      John 6:37