Broadcom 5700 NIC on debian stable (woody)?

Does anyone have experience with using NICs based on the Broadcom 5700
chip on debian stable?

I've googled for "broadcom 5700 debian", and have found references to
a driver called "tg3", which seems to be standard in RedHat's 4.1.18
kernels.

However, it doesn't seem to be part of the kernel-image-2.4.18-686
kernel.  Therefore I'm guessing it's not part of the upstream 2.4.18
sources, and the RedHat kernel driver is a backport from 2.5.  Does
anyone know if this guess is correct?  Does anyone know if it's
planned to be backported into debian 2.4 kernels?

There's also the driver in:
	http://www.brandl.net/pe2550/info.html

Has anyone tried this, and been able to make it work?

Thanx!

- Steinar